Every employee will leave your organization at some point. Employers must have a plan for how to exit employees with grace so that everyone's needs are met.
A few tips:
- If the employee used a company vehicle to come to work, pay for an taxi or other ride service to get them home.
- Thoroughly document the process that led to the employee leaving and maintain those records.
- Have an exit checklist for your organization. Download a sample checklist.
- Learn from every off-boarding. Why did the employee leave? Is there anything you should change to ensure others do not follow the same path? Consider doing an "Exit Interview" a month or so after the employee leaves. Download sample questions.
- Maintain your company morale--think of your team that is still in place.